Sunday, May 1, 2011

Project 101

So I have decided to practice loyalty (to this blog), determination, tenacity and dedication altogether. (:

From today onwards, (Second of May), I will faithfully return to this box everyday, to post something, anything, up. I apply emphasis on the word 'everyday'. I would most probably relay bits and pieces of my hours spent not sleeping, or regale you with daily lessons of (my so-very-happening) life (fwahhh impressive!). *wink*

As you (my pretend millions-of-readers) would have noticed, my blog is malnourished and is in need of tender loving care.

I have set my duration of probation (Step 1 into the dedication aspect). (: I give myself 2 weeks. Don't give me that look, 14 days is a long shot for yours truly. If all goes well, by the end of 2011, you will not only have followed through the dull life of Miss Fetish-for-headwear; but I will send myself bouquets of flowers to represent the type of congratulatory gestures an employee in some high-maintenance company would receive when he/she is offered a job promotion.

I must admit, 50% of this spectacular but absurd idea was inspired by Nora Ephron's light but heart-warming movie, Julie & Julia (2009). Rather old, I know, but doesn't change it's relatively good 74% rating by Rotten Tomatoes!



Let's face it, any movie with classy and undoubtedly talented Meryl Streep in it is bound to be remarkable. (:


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijILiuBYQT8M5PmmM5u99sj-YOxcBCCXvFrNmQLHYBHM4tlXsWPOnVknjbigTGZ9rmYUI3X13-9Qh6O6FDyLq9-Y9HUCjnkuRp2XVEicQvAeamCM-mfXRUkQUd8HU8PHgKerXiU9c5exso/s400/Julie%252B%2526%252BJulia%252B3


Very simply, Amy Adam's character (Julie Powell) had a motivating perseverance to execute 524 recipes in her idol's (Julia Child, played by Meryl Streep) cookbook and blog about her experiences in the kitchen for all of 365 days.




Julie Powell and Julia Child are two real authors and both have had their memoirs labelled best-selling. The memoirs are 'Mastering the Art Of French Cooking' and 'My Life In France' respectively. The movie also stars Stanley Tucci and Chris Messina.



http://www.areyouscreening.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/julieandjulia4


Because I somehow find this couple very very very adorable (:







No, my headwear collection is not at all enormous and is in fact, rather pitiful. Now you know what to get for my birthday (;


No comments:

Post a Comment