Saturday, May 7, 2011

# Day 7 - Courage

7th of May
Saturday

I blew out a candle flame tonight.
A sweet girl celebrated her birthday in her house, a party of which I couldn't attend. But I met up with them in the city (again thanks to another lovely person who drove all the way to pick me up) and we had a rather interesting, amazing time. She took my hand during the cake-cutting session and insisted that I cut the cake with her. They even had two candles, one for me.

There was a mixture of Koreans, Chinese people, Vietnamese people and of course Caucasians. I enjoyed observing the way each individual carried themselves, and the little habits they practice. Like for the Koreans, it is only polite to introduce yourself to the crowd of people present during any gathering.

Isn't that what meeting people is all about? Having the interest to get to know others, paying attention to their cultures, fitting in not under obligation but because you are comfortable with change; rather than being under the influence of inertia and isolating yourself because you are different and you do things differently... After all, black or white, we are ultimately human beings. We laugh or condemn the things others do, seeing things as they are on the surface, stereotyping them. But have we thought about their backgrounds and the significance of what they do?

Every colour counts.

I'm honoured I have friends of so many races and nationalities. Their hearts are beautiful, and I can't even see their hearts. I feel. I wish everyone would see it the way I do.





I could really use a wish right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment