Saturday, May 14, 2011

# Day 14 - Probation Over (:


14th of May
Saturday

I've completed my 2-week probation.
Want to know what I've learnt about making it a point to blog every day despite the many other things one (me) has to do in the approximately 17-18 waking hours?
One word: Interesting.

Bet you didn't see that adjective coming.
It's pretty tough especially when my head's filled with university work and other petty things, to drag my fingers across the keyboard. But first, waiting for the laptop to start up, then having to sign in, and waiting for the dashboard to load (yes unfortunately I'm doomed to slow internet - I think I've mentioned this before somewhere. Such a cheong hei person I am). (:

But you see, doing this makes me mull over the day's experiences, with amazing clarity. Sure I may not expose every bit of the day, but I combine all sorts of elements into one post to sum up what would have affected me most. This includes the people around me, who play a heavy part on my personal stage. When I'm grey and wrinkled, and my memory cells betray me, reading all this silly little rants/ small excitements / immature opinions can possibly stimulate my brain. How cool would it be to read about my own life - it would be like rediscovering old adventures and past encounters. I might cry because I could be missing such times, I might laugh because I would have remembered a thing or two and decide that my reaction towards whatever the thing-or-two could be had been so stupid, I might smile upon reading about my relationships and silently thank every individual for representing the different tastes and colours in my lifetime, I might sigh because nostalgia would have infected every particle of my aged being...

And really, it goes to show that if your heart is honest and your mind is set to achieve a certain goal, you can pave a way to it, and eventually, reach it. I know you've heard this elsewhere - other people simply say "when there's a will there's a way". But the difference is in experiencing it yourself, rather than just agreeing with the ancient proverb.

I think I will give myself a break from this project whenever my exams are a breath away, though. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I will bathe in heaps of determination to do other things as well. Of course, not too many other things. Baby steps, hey. (:





I'm gonna win.

No comments:

Post a Comment