Saturday, February 19, 2011

Salvation.

Alright alright. Let me break it down for you.

I currently am in a tiny, serene city of South Australia, and I've only been here for a week. Everything is tranquil, I have been generously assisted by an elderly woman, the public transportation services surpass the kind I've lived with for 18 plus years, the sky is unbelievably clear, dodgy people cease to infiltrate the streets, shades are a must-have, and there is hardly any litter to be seen.

And yet I absolutely detest it all.

Certainly do not wish to sound ungrateful, but it feels more of a trap than ever; than I'd expected. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful place. Speaking of beautiful, my sleep has been an ugly stepsister (take your pick, I think both of them were just as evil). I wake a countless number of times every night without fail, and it's not fun because streetlights are scarce and pitch black is all I see, give or take few tiny streaks of light.

Maybe I'm just the type of person who takes light years to adapt to change, although people have pointed out the contrary. Maybe if 2010 (mmmm (: ) did not happen I wouldn't feel as I do now. Everything is so... foreign. On the second night I was here in the exact same spot, hunched over a sturdy study table, almost too absorbed in surfing the net that the sound of vehicles zooming past seemed so ordinary. Then I lift my eyes off the Mac and stare through the blinds and out of the sliding window. Different. I'm not in Malaysia, the cars speeding by are not plated with the prefix 'W'. The drivers are mostly Australians. I'm in a seat that does not have a green back and thick, black legs. I don't like the feeling. Not the slightest bit.

I swore new and worthy experiences will come my way whilst I'm 3472 miles away from the people I love and I've come to love in the past year (Of which I regret not celebrating by attending the SAM Awards Ceremony held on 14th January '11 for selected SAM graduates of 2010). I will honour my promise, I promise. (: Or rather pray.

Ps. Even my music is against me. Dear I-pod, I hope I can find you new songs soon.
Pps. Soon = indefinite duration.
Ppps. I hear there are some extremely decent dessert places here, SO... Scrumptious Delectable Desserts ! I will conquer you so at the very least my stomach (and my taste buds) will triumph. Take that, foreign place I'm in ! (;





My best memory of what I've left behind? Okay maybe not best but definitely making it to the list: KLIA on the 12th of February, 7:32 p.m. (: (: (:


No comments:

Post a Comment