Friday, May 28, 2010

Um...

Last Wednesday I was in the kitchen having dinner by myself. I saw a young sandfly flipping over and over, attempting to regain its balance from falling on its back. Steady as it was, I think it tried to fly but one of its wings appeared to be disproportionate. Didn’t realize I had stopped chewing and that my spoon was empty where the next portion of rice was due. I looked up from the piece of silverware in time to see the sandfly shoot horizontally across the table a centimeter airborne and failed to get any higher. It like, fell in gravity’s favour...

Down.

I remember my leg muscles carrying me round to that side of the table. I’m not even sure if I had it in my intentions to break its fall. I only remember crouching down to search for the creature, but saw no sign of it.

Where are you?

Somehow, I felt an instant tug at the strings of my heart.








I hope you survived, dear sandfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment